Summary of Present Conditions: (Actual) and (Projections)
- Calculations based on Renfrew Hydro billing (past 3 months) extrapolated to 12 months.
- Estimated electrical spend = $94,336.00 yearly spend.
- Average yearly power factor .74PF ( VERY POOR) 2018 Should be mid 90’s or better
- 26% total averaged wasted energy (Kva verses kw).
- Power Factor penalties are being charged for 12 months, (90% of Kva) see bills.
- As per cumulative recent readings (2017) the Billed Kva reduction difference between 90% of Kva (penalty) verses actual used Kw shows an average savings between 19% and 23% usage savings. Correcting the power factor to greater than .95 PF will eliminate the penalties and save the corresponding dollars values listed below.
- Averaged dollar saving percentage projections shown below in variable percentages as to flow with a fluctuating +/- power factor over the 12 months.
- Installing this unit will free up approximately 24% more load capacity on your main distribution panel/switch
- Project complete and installed cost $23,530.00
Cost Saving Analysis:
Includes Power Factor correction estimated savings on Kva (penalty being billed at 90% of Kva) verses Kw billing. Currently the Kva is being used to calculate the total kwh on your bill including Global Adjustment, LDC charges and Delivery charges.