Reporting to RPM Management, the Labourer is responsible for providing a physical labour support for one or multiple RPM services. The Labourer provides a broad range of support in areas, such as moving materials, sealing driveways, site preparation, window cleaning, shoveling and basic equipment operation.
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the job site.
- Manually remove debris from driveways turned up by cutting for repairs, ensuring all revealed rocks and debris are clear before filling with patching material.
- Using a rake or shovel, spread gravel or dirt and other construction materials over driveway.
- Ensure job site is organized and free of clutter, rubble and garbage.
- Shovel asphalt mix into areas compact mix using rakes and hand tampers.
- Operate equipment, such as pneumatic hammers, vibrators, tampers, quick cut saw, grass trimmer, power sweeper, gutter cleaning power vac and window cleaning equipment when needed.
- Other General Labour and land scaping related duties as required.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required.
Education, Training and Certifications
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Drivers License
- Entry level position
- Basic knowledge of small equipment and tools preferred but training is provided.
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Communication skills
Abilities and Expectations
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Accountability and dependability
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- High energy, and ability to manage stress
- Meeting at office or offsite depot each morning needed.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.